August 2, 2011

Calculation Error

I have to, regretfully, inform you of a critical flaw discovered in my calculations for the UMAI technique. 

By adding an additional variable in to my research, I was able to depict a more precise relationship between 'Weirdness' and 'Understanding of the Universe'.

My previously assumed linearity in their interaction was much too simplistic- and there exists a more complicated but beautiful dynamic between the two. The adjusted graph has been depicted below.

Any inconvenience caused due to my oversight is deeply regretted.

Furthermore, I take the opportunity to thank to the Universe for bringing this omission to my attention by allowing me to stumble onto this quote here, which forced me to review my calculations:

"Precisely because the tyranny of opinion is such as to make eccentricity a reproach, it is desirable, in order to break through that tyranny, that people should be eccentric.

Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character has abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and moral courage which it contained.

That so few now dare to be eccentric, marks the chief danger of the time."
 - John Stuart Mill

Appendix: I was very excited to find such strong words in favor of weirdness and wanted to share them. And I wanted to sound smart while doing it. Hence the graph and the geeky language.
I'm clever that way.
And I don't believe in wasting time in making pointless graphs.
Uh uh.
.
.
.
.
Not me.
.
.
.
.
Never.
.
.
.
Ever.
***
Creative Commons License
The Pious Hippie by Ms. Pious Hippie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.